Arizona State University: December 2012
B.A. Journalism, emphasis in digital media
Ktar.com, Phoenix, Arizona
Intern: August 2012-December 2012
- Assisted in the upkeep of news content on ktar.com
- Created multiple slideshows and aggregated stories for the web
- Worked in a fast-paced environment
Raising Arizona Kids Magazine, Scottsdale, Arizona
Intern: December 2011-May 2012
- Learned the production of the magazine and different writing styles for its’ audience
- Helped with the magazine’s annual camp fair
- Updated Community WordPress account with posts on a weekly basis
Arcadia News, Phoenix, Arizona
Intern: December 2010-May 2011
- Worked on deadline during each week and communicated effectively with the online editor
- Rewrote press releases for various companies
- Improved writing leads for stories
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Social media skills: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, WordPress, YouTube
- Adobe software: Edge Animate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Dreamweaver
- HTML and CSS coding
- Editing: Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro
- Proficient in American Sign Language.
- Basic Editing
- Advanced Online Media
- Intermediate Reporting and Writing
- Graphic Design for Print and Web
- Magazine Writing
Old Navy, Goodyear, Arizona
Sales Associate: August 2011-May 2012
- Improved customer service skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment, doing multiple tasks.
Big House Café, Casa Grande, Arizona
Cashier/Server: November 2010- January 2011/May 2012-December 2012
- Improved skills with money transactions.
- Learned to work in a fast-paced environment.
Rhodes 5&10, Bethany Beach, Delaware
Cashier: May 2009-August 2009
- Communicated effectively with customers and employees
- Gained knowledge on working a cash register and handling money/credit cards.
- Answered phone calls and questions customers may have had.